Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skoots

Skoots

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Empty
PostSubject: Green_Mikell - Progress Thread   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:22 pm

I'm not in a position to get the proper posting done that I need to right now, but I'm going to tell about a couple ideas that I've had so far.

I was thinking of maybe some kinda of gymnastics. Back flips, somersaults, etc.
Or possibly something like a guy who's jumping up a line of poles or something that get progressively higher and he's got to balance himself along the way.

That's all I've got at the moment, but I'm gonna put some more thought into it, of course.
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: More thoughts..   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 pm

So I came up with a guy hitting some nails into a board, then hitting his finger, looking at it quickly, then realizing there wasn't any real damage done, so he says "that wasn't so bad".

Other idea I though of, which I'm thinking is the one I'm going to do is a man climbing a tree, then finding a good resting position at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 am

I think the "nail in the finger" has the most humor potential, though as I'm sure you know, its a contest based on animation principles not jokes. I'm overconfident that you'll come up with something crowd pleasing nonetheless. farao
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: More ideas..   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Couple new ideas...

A guy doing some push ups, sit ups, squat thrusts...something like that.

Climbing a tree to get an apple that's hanging on a limb above a park bench. Falls onto bench while climbing, racking himself, and sitting up, or just laying there and says "...."

After thinking it over a bit more, I think the climbing for the apple and hurting himself would be better than just climbing the tree for no reason. It's got a bit of storytelling going on, and hopefully will show good animation and a joke or two.

Working on "storyboards" at the moment. Will try and post them up by end of Saturday, if not sooner. We'll see how this whole moving situation thing goes for me..
Back to top Go down
keiser sose

keiser sose

PostSubject: lott_jason   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:53 am

i'm really liking the apple tree idea. you're right about the story telling potential. just the simple description you give makes me think of a wide range of ideas!! keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Whatever you do decide, try to keep ready for now. You've given a lot of ideas that others can use and put them out there publicly. I know your the type of guy that doesn't mind feedback, but......... heeeyyy guy. Alls I'm sayin's pick one already!!!!! farao
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Decision   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:31 pm

So I've decided to do the apple tree thing.

If anyone is having trouble trying to think of something, you guys are welcome to use my other ideas if you want, just give me some credit Wink
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Storyboards.   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Here are my rough storyboards. Some of the poses will be worked on, and I'm still deciding exactly how he's going to jump from the tree trunk to the branch, but I'll come up with something soon, hopefully. I also may do some camera work..we'll see.

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Storyboards_Mikell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green_Mikell - Progress Thread   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 pm

looking good! Remember to keep in mind that there are no bumps or thuds in the audio track, so when you make contact it'll have to be when he grunts...

I think you want to cause this track pain because it's sam's voice..heh.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:56 pm

My only thing is that the apple should fall off and he's rewarded.

This will sell the "not so bad." line. farao
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Scene   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Here is the scene that I modeled and set up for my guy to jump around on.

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread AppleRackProgress01
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: chinchilla Beard   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:44 am

damn it mikell your ahead of the game... this looks like it is going to be pretty good ... and i agree with sam about the apple falling off thing ...it could even hit him in the jewels again haha.. but yeah there could be a time issue ... so far looking good guess just have to see a lil more for some more feedback...
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

PostSubject: Re: Green_Mikell - Progress Thread   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Mikell -- great storyboards, and I'm loving your idea! I also must concur with Sam, though, on the addition of the apple falling down as a reward for suffering the "collision". It would be a great punchline and would really help to sell your animation. As far as finding reference for the man jumping from the tree trunk to the branch, you might try searching for some video references of monkeys jumping through trees. Keep up the awesome work!
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Progress   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah, I am still putting some thought into how this is going to go exactly, but I just wanted some storyboards posted as to not be disqualified. I'm gonna try and work out a way to make him get up the tree faster and fall sooner so that there is time to show the apple fall down or something.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Posing Progress   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 4:30 pm

I know it's not much, especially at this point in time, but here is my progress so far.

It's just some rough blocking out..and it's not even halfway done. I feel at this rate I will not even get to finish, but if I do, it won't be what I wanted, but I still have to try.

Posing, camera work, and everything else like that is still being though about worked on, so these are by no means the finished poses or angles.

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread PosingProgress01
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:13 pm

I love it...

He looks ironically nimble... farao
Back to top Go down
Deluxe

Deluxe

PostSubject: Re: Green_Mikell - Progress Thread   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Great Job, It's looking great, I'm about where you are. It's been a very busy break.
Back to top Go down
Skoots

Skoots

PostSubject: Ugh....   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Yeah...so it's not been going well so far. It's going to sound like an excuse, and it is, but my version of Maya, and my entire computer in general have been not treating me well lately. My computer has lots of problems, and it seems like every day they get worse.

I plan on posting up whatever I've gotten done by midnight tonight, but I know it's not going to be anything that it should've been or what I had planned. But we'll see how she goes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green_Mikell - Progress Thread   Green_Mikell - Progress Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green_Mikell - Progress Thread
Page 1 of 1