Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a thought

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Phantom

Just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought   Just a thought Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 pm

I think we need to open this up to any 3d art students in the D/FW area. I'm glad that the few who did partipated, did; but there isn't much of a prize (bragging rights) when only four people made it to the finish line, in a school that has a shifty reputation at best. Bring in other schools, and see how good we are, standing shoulder to shoulder with our actual competitors in the local job market.

Just a thought. I don't expect this to be welcomed with open arms, so feel free to say anything.

Last edited by The Phantom on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Just a thought Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Just a thought Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Quite frankly....
I'm glad you decided to spout off something, Mr. Holmes. I knew it would be a matter of time before your true colors would surface publicly. I was hoping you would remain somewhat professional and post one positive critique. I've seen nothing from you but discontent towards others at our particular school. This competition was established for two people to do over “break” and grew to something for unappreciative people like yourself. You must be used to a life of privilege; otherwise you’d say “thanks” to someone else who took an initiative. Finishing the competition was a mild victory compared to the bragging rights of the pioneering initiative all the contestants endured. The only valid critique you have here is to reach a broader audience.

Maybe someone in Dallas will give a genius such as yourself some competition one day; until then… you’re welcome.
In Mr. Simpson fashion, “If you couldn’t tell, I was being sarcastic!”
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
The Phantom

Just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:24 pm

Mr.Masri wrote:
Quite frankly....
I'm glad you decided to spout off something, Mr. Holmes. I knew it would be a matter of time before your true colors would surface publicly. I was hoping you would remain somewhat professional and post one positive critique. I've seen nothing from you but discontent towards others at our particular school. This competition was established for two people to do over “break” and grew to something for unappreciative people like yourself. You must be used to a life of privilege; otherwise you’d say “thanks” to someone else who took an initiative. Finishing the competition was a mild victory compared to the bragging rights of the pioneering initiative all the contestants endured. The only valid critique you have here is to reach a broader audience.

Maybe someone in Dallas will give a genius such as yourself some competition one day; until then… you’re welcome.
In Mr. Simpson fashion, “If you couldn’t tell, I was being sarcastic!”

Ok, i've misunderstood the intention of this competition. I should have asked what you've intended with this competition. I am greatful for the opputunity, but I misunderstood this as a "huge undertaking" I am glad that you guys did take the initative in getting this thing started, and seeing this turnout.

When did this turn into a "personal attack"? I know there are a ton of people that can squash me in the things i'm so "great" at. I never said "psh, no competition". I took this comeptition seriously, mind you. There was no nonsense when I did everything. All i thought i said was "open the doors next time to a few more audience". I never said or implied "i'm the greatest in AI!!!" and clearly i'm not-- proof's in the pudding.

Point being: Maybe I misunderstood the intention of the competition.

Sam. Try to understand me. From this end, you've been kinda standoffish too. Believe it or not, i'm actually a good guy that's easy to get along with.

Quote :
I've seen nothing from you but discontent towards others at our particular school.

Quote :
I knew it would be a matter of time before your true colors would surface publicly.

Talk to your most reliable member of your group Laura. She's known me for around three years on a associative (observative, and quick conversations) level, and you know you'll get a stright answer from her. Since my character is in question, i'd figure i'll just reference you to someone who's observed me a little longer, and doesn't have a strong bias.

That aside, I apoligize to the sponsers of this contest and the people who sacrificed time to make it happen, as well as the contestants who worked hard to participate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a thought   Just a thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Suggestions-
Jump to: