Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brandon Holmes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 pm

I think i'll live up to my user name. Here's my progress thread. Call down the thunder, i'll reap the whirlwind.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:08 pm

The Justitator

Judex et Magistus

fugite ergo a facie gladii quoniam ultor iniquitatum gladius est et scitote esse iudicium
"Then be afraid of the sword for yourselves, For wrath brings the punishment of the sword, So that you may know there is judgment."
-Job 19:29

There is a Legend that is uttered amoung the people in the land of Volendurm. It goes as follows:

In ages past, when tyrants and kings warred, and the wealthy squandered all they had. When the people had naught, and aristocrats threw their children to the spears. In those dark ages when Emperors thirst for men’s blood and flesh were never sated. In those times where mother earth grieved tears of blood, and the gods in heaven hid their faces, there was a man that arise from the battle scared earth, and mutilated bodies of the dead.

Near the end of the 400 years of war, In the battle of tregess, where numbers of a hundred-thousand men slew each other to feed their families, their generals, indeed pleased of the blood stained earth, grinned at this spectacle. Amid such chaos, A man, wearing nor waving the armor or banner of the warring countries appeared on the blood stained horizon, fighting both armies as the armies themselves fought against each other.

This knight, no inhuman being, who towered at seven, no eight, forearm lengths, who wore a battle –torn suit of armor unlike anything seen before, made of heavy metal that would not bend or brake in heat, battle, or arrow. His shield was the size of a man, and twice the weight, which he wield with great ease with his mighty right arm. His weapon, made of the same crude metal, stained with the blood of many, was unlike anything seen. Legend tells that his blade, appearing to be liking to a spearhead, slashed like a sword. Like sharkskin, the edges of the blade tore at anything nearby with fatal results.

But oh, was this man quite the warrior! With a bash of his mighty shield, he tosses a twelve count of men, with his great sword, he cleared all those who stood in his way. Clad in armor from head to toe, he moved faster, but without excess of motion to accomplish his deed.

How did this battle that appeared to have no end, ended you ask? The knight cut a path to the generals, jumped unto their wagon as they were fleeing and thrust his fine sword into their chests.

There are many legends that surround this figure, more commonly named “The Jusistator”, many of which consist him slaying kings and emperors with massive armies, who unjustly kill and take all that belongs to the people they supposedly are to govern.

“Emperor Slayer”, “King killer”, “Aristocrat beheader”, Of all the legends and myths concerning this being, one thing is clear—Emperors, kings, noblemen, and all figureheads charged with governing the people: Beware, least The Jusistator comes to bestow judgement upon you.

Brandon Holmes Finalconcept

Brandon Holmes Shieldandsword

Yay for no forum tabs.

Last edited by The Phantom on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:22 pm

For those of you who are confused--this guy is basically the king's boogyman. If it's a foggy morning and you're a king, and this guy appears outside your castle, If you (the king) have a heavy conscience (ie- made taxes very unbearable, so much so that the little money people have to eat is taken from them, or you're raising huge armies to takeover several non-agressive countries...) you'll either start making ammends right there, or start figuring out how to escape.
"well, that's highly unrealistic." It's a legend. Legends nearly all the time are unrealistic
Back to top Go down
keiser sose

keiser sose

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: lott_jason   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:22 pm

damn dude sounds like you put alot of thought into this. you invented the keiser sose of kings!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:41 pm

OWWW my eyes....

Well you really have put much thought into this character Mr. Phantom Sir.

Help me out though...

If you place your text before the image, the audience reads before seeing.

This is especially true for you since you elaborate nicely.

Thanks farao
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:12 am

Brandon Holmes Progress2-1

Hi. clown
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Nice work Brandon! Try to post up some wires of your model as you went from concept to textured without any progression shots.

You'll need to at least submit the final piece according to the rules page. farao
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Brandon Holmes Warriorimage

Reducing geometry.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 2:09 am

Brandon Holmes Geocount

12:56 AM on Tuesday July 8, 2008

I still need a backdrop, pose it, and polish off the textures.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:59 pm

Brandon Holmes Untitled-1-5

I haven't flopped over yet.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 am

Brandon Holmes Th_goaround
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Fantastic work Mr. Phantom sir!!!! He looks very menacing affraid

My only critique, besides the oddly placed Persian rug, would be to try to work on the diffuse a little more. It has a "washed" feel to it. Some highlights and shadows with the color could boost him up some. Note that I'm taking into consideration that this character is the "the king's boogeyman."

Good work with the mood in the lighting. I like the overall presentation. farao
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 am

Well, it's the last hour. Nothing more I can do at this point. Here's the beauty shot.

Brandon Holmes The_justitorbeauty-1
Back to top Go down
The Phantom

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 am

.... man my internet is slow.

Brandon Holmes Maps-1

Brandon Holmes Wires

Sigh. It's been a long two weeks, but it's been a great race to the finish line. I'm not sure if me coming with nothing on the hi-poly (since i sculpted the armor in pieces) will disqualify me and make nick the default winner. But to all of you watching this war, thank you for your paitence.

With that-- may the cards fall where they may. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brandon Holmes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brandon Holmes   Brandon Holmes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brandon Holmes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Entries | Works In Progress :: 3D Modeling-
Jump to: