Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phillip Bailey

Go down 
+2
Mr.Masri
Gomie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:05 pm

Let the model making begin!
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:03 am

This is my concept. I haven't quite developed a back story for him yet but, so far he's a cursed Sea King who feeds on the evil that flows through the veins of wicked pirates. His name is, Targh. Everybody say hi, and feedback is most appreciated. I plan to post a color version of him soon and, of course, his back story.

Phillip Bailey Nwi_co13
Back to top Go down

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:23 am

Hey Phil! What an awesome idea!
I was thinking maybe you could add some seaweed, moss, coral, shells, and etc on him. Give him an aged look like he's been underwater for a long time. Pirates of the Carabean would be great research C:
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 am

Nice concept Phil. If your gonna make him a bi-pied, maybe you can reconsider his feet to be less flipper like. Man... strong concept though.
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 am

Curry, thanx for the advice. I will definitely take you up on that in the color revision!!
Mr. Masri, I see what your saying. right now looks like he would fall into the splits if were to attempt to stand on dry land. pirat I'll try and give him some heel pads of a some sort.

Thanx, all!!
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:16 pm

So, i made the changes. I added some seaweed around the back of his shell, growing out of the ropes. Also, I subtracted the ropes that held the flag poles together, and welded them to his shell with barnacles. Notice the barnacles around the shoulder/neck area and the seaweed arm band. Thanks for all suggestions!!! Keep 'em coming.
Oh yeah, I made his feet/fins make a little more sense!!

Phillip Bailey Nwi_co15
Back to top Go down
nichyneato

nichyneato

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:50 am

dude, I'm dgging the concept. The idea and back story are awesome! Just a few suggestions, he seems pretty symmetrical, do you have any props thought out for him yet? Perhaps a weapon would help. And ( this is just nit picking) theBG color looks like it could be taking away from from the drawing because its so dark, I bet it'd pop a lotmore if you lightened it a bit. Anyway, great work so far, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
akilbreath

akilbreath

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:08 am

awesome character!!!! i almost decided on a china man that rode around on a turtle for my concept... i agree with nich...maybae give him a dead parrot in a cage on a pole or somthing
Back to top Go down
keiser sose

keiser sose

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: lott_jason   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 am

beautiful man he's comin along nicely.
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:24 am

Here is a quick color idea, but i think i've had enough of photoshop for now. Time to start playing in 3DS Max... I don't think this will be the final color concept, but i am anxious to start building the base mesh.

Thanx Nich... yeah your definitely right about the symmetricalness, i was thinking about giving him a cannon that he could carry under his arm for a weapon. I may add that later down the process.

Thanx A.KBreath... I could tie a cage to his belt with some kind of undead parrot/fish in it. Cool idea thanx homie!

Mr. Lott... thanx bro!!

Phillip Bailey Nwi_co16
Back to top Go down
barker chris

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:42 am

great job Mr Bailey. I love it how un-dead things always look so hungry.
Back to top Go down

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:50 am

Have you seen Kung Fu Panda?
There's a pretty awesome turtle character in it named Oogway (sp?) anyway, he's more of a laid back character, but he has an awesome design!

Phillip Bailey 002468597888
Phillip Bailey 002454805225

These two are big images so I'll just give you the link C:
https://2img.net/h/i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/curry23/oogway_comp2.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/curry23/oogway_comp.jpg
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Haha! I haven't seen the movie yet, but i plan to before the brake is over. He sure is cool,funny looking!
Thanx for sharing the cool art work Curry!!
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:58 am

Some base mesh progress. I used Nurms to the 2nd iteration. After making the posts, I can see where I need to add some more volume in the shoulder area.

Phillip Bailey Nwi_ba10 Phillip Bailey Nwi_ba11
Back to top Go down
nichyneato

nichyneato

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:18 am

nice dude! it's looking good so far! I'd agree that you need to bulk his shoulders/arms up a bit, i'd even say to the the same to his shell. According to the concept he's just a really big and bulky guy.
anyway man, he's looking good, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:11 pm

A Phil! How goes it? The flow looks great on your piece, but I'd have to agree with you and Nich. It feels like his mass stems from the shell. I suggest hiding the shell entirely while you "muscle" up his geometry. Your concept shows this guy barely contained in his shell...

Great work Phil. farao
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
Sponsored content

Phillip Bailey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phillip Bailey   Phillip Bailey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phillip Bailey
Page 1 of 1