Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chelsea Edwards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Here is my thread. All critiques and comments are welcomed and encouraged, as I'll be needing all the help I can get.
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:28 pm

Here's my character sketch.. I had a really difficult time working out my thoughts on paper, as concepting is definitely a major weakness of mine. I am working on her back story and will update with it soon.

Chelsea Edwards Conceptlayoutmd2
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: CHARACTER BACK STORY   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:04 am

Aunithra Orlytyl ("crypt wyrm of the House of the Guild of the Pits")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aunithra is a drow necromancer whose sole goal in life is to become an immortal lich queen. Her mother was once the extremely powerful Matron Mother of the Guild of the Pits until Aunithra, as a small child, crawled into her bed and gouged one of her mother's eyes out whilst she was sleeping. Aunithra encased her mother's eye within a vial and fled her home, taking the eye to the city's master necromancer, Antaxle Do'ar ("crypt lurker of the House of the Walkers in Poison"). Antaxle, a decrepit, ancient, and vile old drow, agreed to help Aunithra in exchange for her hand in marriage. Aunithra, though a child, agreed to wed the old fool in the desire to obtain her mother's power.

Within a fortnight of the marriage, Antaxle had fashioned a staff of power in which Aunithra's mother's eye was concealed. Antaxle gave the staff to his new wife, proud of his latest creation. Unable to overtake the ancient Antaxle at her young age, Aunithra quietly waited many long years for the day she would rid herself of her husband. During these years, she received Antaxle's rigorous training in the ways of the necromantic arts. He showed Aunithra how to hone the powers of her staff, as well as how to imbue the staff with the souls of her defeated enemies.

While Antaxle was in his study one day, Aunithra concealed a small dagger underneath her pillow and hid her staff underneath their bed. As he came to lay with her that night, she reached under the pillow, grabbed the dagger, and slit Antaxle's throat. He collapsed on top of her, gargling and squirming. She wriggled her way out from underneath him and reached for her staff, using it to seep all of the power from Antaxle's decrepit vessel of a body. As she drained him of his soul, he collapsed into a pile of rotting bones and flesh. Now a grown woman with her goal in sight, Aunithra fled the city and continued to seek out souls who might empower her.

Last edited by Terrorcouple on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nichyneato

nichyneato

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:06 am

its looking good so far! i really like the armor, especially on her legs, i think it'll turn out really good

my only critique this far is to maybe make her a little less symmetrical. will she be a warrior type character? if so you could beef up her non-dominant arm with more armor, because she'd want to defend with that arm, and fight with her other. i think things like that would help out.

i'd say that concepting is one of my weak points as well, but the one thing that saved me a TON of time and paper is using the tablet for all of the drawings. it was a little tricky to get used to, but it saved me a bunch of time, and i think it got a better result than if i hadn't..

anyway, just a few suggestions if you haven't tried yet.

keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:16 am

Thank you very much for the critiques, Nich! I really appreciate the feedback, as I have been dreading this part of the competition.

I definitely see what you're saying about the symmetry, and I must admit I had feared she was too symmetrical. I will definitely try to work in this critique as I model the character. She is an assassin-type necromancer, as all drow are assassins by nature. Her skill is more with casting power than melee.

I had originally tried concepting her with the Wacom tablet, but I was too uneasy in my skills to achieve the desired results. I could barely draw a line, honestly. It's been so long since I've drawn anything, I decided to hash it out on paper, though it did take a lot of time. I may yet attempt to draw her out digitally, and I anticipate doing some color tests before texturing.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:01 am

Damn that's one cold bitch, Cheds! I like the character, though I think she'd be better exaggerated while I see your going for realistic female anatomy. Good luck ChedWards!
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net
Spark

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey Chelsea, looking great and not sure if you would like any critiques from me. Only thing I might say is to break up the wrappings on the chest area, have some coming in from different angles (to help the asymetry) and maybe break up the breast area, show the underneath of the breast and get some skin here and there for contrast? She looks like an assasin on top, though a knight on the bottom, which seems like a contradiction as is she sleak? or heavy armor based. Maybe reduce some of the armor on the bottom, and bring that sleak aspect to more of her, as she looks like a pretty assasin. One last aspect to think of, is maybe instead of the knives being on the hip like a gun slinger, you bring them to one of the arms, so she can grab them easier? Just some thoughts, as I am sure this will turn out great, looking forward to seeing the final.

Spark

P.S: If me critiquing ruins the Noobwar rules, just forget them:)
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:03 am

Mr.Masri: Thanks for the critique, Sam! I do see what you're saying about her anatomy, and it did turn out quite drab in my attempts to achieve realistic female form. I'll definitely try to exagerrate more of her features as you suggested and give her some more character.

Spark: Thank you for stopping by and critiquing my work, as I certainly appreciate it. Those are some really good points about the concept, and I must admit I had worried about the half assassin/half knight thing I have going on. As I was drawing, I found myself more concerned with trying to create aesthetically pleasing pieces individually, rather than thinking of the piece as a whole. I do think I will try to bring more of that sleak aspect to her and ditch the hard surface stuff, as it suits her character more. Aunithra is a necromancer and, by the nature of all drow, an assassin/rogue. Thank you very much for your feedback, and I hope to work it all in tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to try to work in all of the critiques I have received from everyone when I get off work today, but I hope to begin modeling tonight. I may have to integrate some of these ideas into the modeling process. Thanks to everyone for your critiques and feedback!
Back to top Go down

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:41 am

just some dopey tips XD
Chelsea Edwards Creepy

(that is if you want to C:)
Back to top Go down
darkmoondreamer

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 10:45 pm

HAHAHAHAHA, LMAO Curry! That was too funny! This is Chelsea's mom...GO CHELSEA! Looking good chile lol!
Back to top Go down

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 1:08 am

Cool! Hi Chelsea's mom! CX
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 am

Christina: Thank you so much for your critique! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that drawing, and I will be sure to put those comments to use as I model. Thanks again!

Been really behind, but here is the progress for tonight. I've been reworking the concept, but I wanted to go ahead and get started on the modeling. Hoping to get a LOT done this week, as the break has been busy. Here's what I've got.

Chelsea Edwards Progresseyesbd9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chelsea Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chelsea Edwards   Chelsea Edwards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chelsea Edwards
Page 1 of 1