Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW. OBSERVED. OPPORTUNISTIC. BEGINNER.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christina Gardner

Go down 
+4
barker chris
nichyneato
Gomie
Mr.Masri
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 am

This will be my progress thread.
I hope everyone is as excited as I am!
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: 1   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 pm

First Character.
By no means my finished or chosen concept.
I plan on designating today to concepting, and to have a finished concept by tonight. If not tomorrow the latest.
Christina Gardner Blackdeath
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 am

two more. huzzah.
Christina Gardner Blackdeath2copy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:17 am

Great start Gardno! The blocking in of the silhouette definitely helps develop the character. This Death character looks cool if that's what you choose!
Back to top Go down
http://noobwar.geekaddict.net

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 am

Yeah, I'm not really sure yet. I haven't gotten him exactly how I want him :/
I've been trying a few other types of characters too (a weredragon and a merperson thingy) but those just aren't making me happy.
I'm gonna keep working the concept until I have it just the way I like from the beginning. But for now, it does seem that Mr. Black Death will be the direction that I'm going.
Back to top Go down
Gomie

Gomie

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:17 am

Curry!, excellent lines. I kinda like the body of the first concept and the head of the second. The last two have some cool clothing and shoulder pieces that would look too. Maybe incorporate pieces of all the concepts!! I'm curios to see what you come up with next.
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:41 am

Thanks Phil! I think that you're thinking the same direction I am! C: Hopefully I can get it all together.

Meanwhile, I just heard a good pun: (I know, right?)

It's been reported the the neighborhood nudist has a hole in her blinds.

The police are looking into it.

Christina Gardner Blackdeath3copy
Back to top Go down
nichyneato

nichyneato

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 am

they look like they're really coming along! I have to say that the black death guy is my favorite so far, especially the one on the right with the lower shoulder and bulkier arms. Can't wait to see more of your progress, keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Some neat references you could use for the head could be a turkey vulture or a black vulture. They're ugly little things.
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:14 am

well, He's supposed to have the mask of a Plague doctor, so I think if I generalized the beak too much it wouldn't come accross that way C:
I don't think I"ve made it very clear that he's the "black death" referring to the Plague.
as in... He's the Plague. XD
I dunno, I always thought plague doctors looked freaky (in an awesome way)

I'll explain more when I make his layout C;
Christina Gardner Doktorschnabel_430px
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 am

Having depth and meaning behind your storyline is essential. You DO have a freaky fetish with this "black death" motif but your dedication to him will "sell" your model for sure! farao
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 am

Christina Gardner Blackdeathfinal
Black Death
(plague)
The Black Death, a pandemic having caused over 70 million deaths worldwide.
Once a great doctor, the unknown first victim of the bubonic plague. Being a Narcissit, he was overwhelmed with disbelief at the thaught of being a doctor and inable to cure himself. Locking himself inside his own home and trying every remedy possible he died a slow, lonely, and weary death. Now a spirit consumed with the curse of the Black Death, he became the Plague itself; Consumed with one motive. If he cannot survive than no one can. He travels collecting souls in an fruitless attempt to find peace.

He wears the Bird mask with scarlet eyes to mock the pitiful doctors whom think themselves wiser than he. His arms are an overgrown egotistical version of how he himself sees his hands (the most important things a doctor has). And he is constantly burning with the bubos that he himself spreads.

(poor guy)
Back to top Go down
barker chris

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:27 am

Black Death = Awesome

Very creepy guy I love it! The thought of him appearing in a dark room give me the creeps. good jorb!
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks Chris!

I'm glad that he's creepy. I always have trouble making something creepy, they always end up looking "happy creepy"
Which I'm afraid he still does. It's a pretty big problem for girls, (always drawing pretty things and animals) But I think it's okay that he looks kinda happy, because it's just that the bird mask is kinda ironic/strange.

I'd like to have already started modelling, but work is keeping me busy/making me tired (holy crap waking up at 7 and taking everything out of it's place in the print lab then reorganizing it) DX Hopefully I'll get some modelling done tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Its not so much that he looks happy, but more "unrealistically" professional....

Allow some elaboration: I think its an awesome idea so don't misconstrue where I'm going with this. His professionalism can be his "human touch" a.k.a. the mask and the hat. It adds depth to your character guaranteed. I suggest tilting the hat to barely reveal the scarlet eyes. a la old school Michael Jackson.... Fantastic progression Gardno! farao
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:31 pm

haha. it's funny that you say that, because I totally felt like I was drawing Micheal Jackson while working on this XD
Back to top Go down
keiser sose

keiser sose

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: lott_jason   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Holy Geez thats an awesome character! i'm totally inspired! can't wait to see how it turns out!
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:01 pm

thanks! I've been working on modelling him today, but my internet has been on and off :C. I'll see if I can post an update later. C:
see ya!
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:06 pm

what I have so far. I have no idea what his prop will be D:
Christina Gardner Bd1
Back to top Go down
Mr.Masri
Admin
Mr.Masri

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: shafik_samuel   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Nice progression Gardno! The flow looks pretty good on his wires so far...

Also, don't feel like its a race... It's more of a race with yourself not the other contestants. Make the best Back Plague Death Mask Hat Wearing Guy ever!!! farao
Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:35 pm

actually I went like 2 days without doing anything bc of work XD Not racing here, just working when I can C:
Back to top Go down
nichyneato

nichyneato

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:40 am

looks great so far! i really like your concept and i cant wait to see how it turns out!
my only critique is that the poly density is much higher in the head than the body,
which may give you problems when your mudboxing/zbrushing. just a heads up if you hadn't caught it yet.
keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
urchin

urchin

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I really like the sores all over this guy. We like to call that cheezwork where I am from :p Freddy Cruger is a good example of that.
Back to top Go down
akilbreath

akilbreath

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 am

I see this character with a staf and a long robe.....make him tall?...maybe? Looks good!
Back to top Go down
Terrorcouple

Terrorcouple

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 am

Awesome work on your character so far, Christina! I absolutely love the back story. You've also got a great, solid concept, and the base mesh is looking good so far. The topology is looking pretty spot on, though you may want to even out the polygons a little more in order to really push the details on the high poly. Also, it may help the believability (in relation to the concept) of the base mesh to develop his neck more and exaggerate the beak. Keep up the good work, though, and I look forward to seeing the Black Death progress!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christina Gardner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christina Gardner   Christina Gardner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christina Gardner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next